Free? well yes especially if you currently lease your modem. The upgrade requires a modem supporting the DOCSIS 3.0 protocol and there should be some level of speed increase at all account levels. You can buy such a device from Amazon or Walmart for about $70. I lease my device especially since I’m on my third cable modem but now I wonder if previously failed devices were just incompatible with network upgrades. I am buying one and forget leasing! Here is a link to Suddenlink’s official ‘compatibility list’ of modems. Happy computing!
- How-To Geek» Disk Cleanup is Going Away in Windows 10…
- Easy fix for Low Disk Space notification after Windows 10 April 2018 update
- Computerworld » InSpectre: See whether your PC’s protected from Meltdown and Spectre
- Free ransomware decryptors/data recovery tools
- WanaCrypt0r 2.0: Worst Ransomware epidemic yet